What’s new in 2.0?
How can I upgrade?
How can I upgrade?
The most important question first:
License purchased on or after August 1, 2016
If you have purchased a Lights-Out 1.x license on or after August 1, 2016, the upgrade to Lights-Out 2.0 is free. You will receive the new license automatically within the next two weeks.
License purchased before August 1, 2016
If you have a valid 1.x license, you are entitled to a 33% discount for a new Lights-Out 2.0 license.
Please have a look at the help article.
Upgrading an existing installation
Before you start an upgrade of an existing version 1 be sure to read the user manual section on migration from 1.x.
This is a brief list of the new features of version 2.0.0.
- Unified license, no longer bound to a specific platform
- Unified installer, one binary for all supported platforms
- Official support for Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server Essentials 2016.
- For a full list of supported systems please look at the requirements
- Completely redesigned calendar module with support for complex recurring rules
- Supports client computer schedules
- Supports calendar groups applied to multiple computers
Dashboard and Console
- Fully integrated into Windows Server Essentials or Home Server Dashboard and remote web access
- A separate Management Console can be installed on any client computer to manage Lights-Out
- Management Console can manage multiple Lights-Out servers
- Management Console can manage Lights-Out servers over the Internet (remote)
- Lights-Out 2 can send a notification message to your computers
- Client computers can connect via Internet (remote)
- Client computers can be controlled by Lights-Out calendar
- Lights-Out 2 supports backup monitoring on client and server to give you a centralized view and management
- Lights-Out 2 can schedule backups for client and server
- Lights-Out 2 supports many backup providers out of the box
- New sources: power requests from other software, user activity on server etc.
- Backup on client computers and server
- Automatic detection of all network devices in your LAN